By Erika Higgins
Jaffe Award Chair/Immediate Past President/Director-at-Large
Orlando Central Florida Chapter STC
Call it an early holiday gift but due to some technical difficulties experienced on the submission site, we are extending the deadline for nominations. The new deadline is Friday, November 30th at 5pm ET.
Do you know a technical communicator (including yourself) who:
- Creates innovative documentation?
- Has made significant contributions to businesses, education, leadership, and/or STC in the Central Florida area?
- Has implemented good communication practices for his or her company or clients?
- Is a mentor for newcomers to the industry?
- Exemplifies what it means to be a technical communicator?
- Deserves recognition from his or her peers in the Greater Orlando Technical Communication industry?
Well, now is your chance to shine a spotlight on this special Technical Communicator! How? Nominate him or her for the 2013 Orlando Chapter STC Gloria Jaffe Outstanding Technical Communicator Award (Jaffe Award). And, yes, you CAN nominate yourself. Don’t be modest, you deserve it!
The process is easy. Simply complete the online application on Survey Monkey.
Nominations will be accepted until November 30, 2012 at:
About the Award:
The Jaffe Award is named for Orlando Chapter founder and retired University of Central Florida Technical Communication professor Gloria Jaffe. Her leadership is reflected in the enduring communication values prized by the Orlando Chapter and in the professionalism of UCF graduates who had the opportunity to study with her.
- Strengthen your resume
- Demonstrate value to current employers
- Celebrate the contributions of an outstanding technical communicator
- Join such prestigious Orlando Chapter STC Members and Jaffe Award winners as:
- David Coverston
- Debra Johnson
- Molly Townsend
- Kelli Pharo
- Dan Voss
- Alan Gaynor
- Dr. Gail Lippincott
- Dr. Dan Jones
- Lillian Laitman-McAnally
- W.C. Wiese
- No entry fee
- Society members and non-members are eligible.
- You CAN nominate yourself–or a well deserving peer.
- All nominations are anonymous, so there is no reason to be shy!
- Applications can be found at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PM9R9B8
- Deadline for nominations is 6 PM on November 30, 2012
The award winner will be recognized at our chapter meeting in January 2013 on the campus of UCF. For more information, contact Gloria Jaffe Award Committee Manager Erika Higgins at email@example.com