I hope you are all having a wonderful holiday season! This month’s “From The Editor’s Desk” covers membership or renewing your membership through STC.org, as well as January and February meetings for the Orlando chapter STC.
If you haven’t already done so, there is still time to renew your STC membership.
STC MEMBERSHIP: MORE VALUE THAN EVER
As a classic member, you’ll receive the list below at no extra cost. For even more offerings, consider the Gold Value Package.
- Members-only discounts on education and our annual Summit
- Access to over 140 free, on-demand webinars
- 14-day advance access to the newest employment opportunities available in the STC Job Bank
- A copy of STC’s Salary Database, containing the most up-to-date information from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics on what technical communicators are earning
- Online access to industry-leading publications Intercom and Technical Communication
- Access to the members-only sections of the STC website, including the community leadership resources, the STC Member Directory, and more
- An affinity program that provides discounts on software, products, and services
- Professional support through our global network of over 6,000 professionals
2015 MEMBERSHIP DUES
Current membership dues rates effective 15 September-28 February 2015
|Membership Category||Included in Membership||Current Dues**||Adjusted Dues
(See List of Eligible Countries)
|Gold Value Package
(available only until 31 May)
|New TC Professional
(graduated within past three years)
(contact Membership Dept. for eligibility)
There is a $30 enrollment fee for new membership.
Members may add the following a la carte menu items:
- $25 per chapter (emerging nations: $10)
- $10 per SIG (emerging nations: $5)
- $60 for printed copies of Intercom*
- $75 for printed copies of Technical Communication*
* Includes U.S. postage. International postage rate.for Intercom is $25 for Canada and $45 for other countries. For Technical Communication, international rate is $20 for Canada and $40 for other countries.
Once you have established membership, please join us for our monthly meetings. Here are our first two meetings of the new year…
Thursday, January 15, 6:30pm at the Winter Park Civic Center. 6:30 networking and light supper; 7:00 program. Program to be announced. Admission: Student members $5; Student non-members $10; Regular members $15; Non-members $20. First-timers free.
Thursday, February 12, 6:30pm at UCF Student Union. 6:30 networking and light supper, 7:00 program – Guest Speaker. Admission free to all.
Membership to the STC is a great networking and educational tool that I urge all of you to use.
Enjoy the rest of the holiday season!
Secretary and Editor, Memo 2 Members Newsletter