The STC Community Affairs Committee (CAC) invites all STC superheroes (AKA leaders and volunteers) to the CAC’s second virtual Leadership Program today, May 19 from 5:00-7:00 PM EDT. Our STC Florida chapter members Alex Garcia and John Clement will be both presenting during this event.
STC members who are interested in becoming more involved in STC leadership and communities are especially welcome to attend for free. Click here to register.
- Join us as we recognize STC’s award winners and provide community updates.
- Learn about the CAC’s activities and plans to support the STC communities.
- Strengthen your own STC superhero powers by attending one of the program’s five breakout sessions.
Preview of Breakout Sessions
Attendees will be able to join each other in breakout sessions. You will be able to select one of the following 30-minute sessions:
1. Student Outreach with John Clement, CAC Student Outreach Director.
Topic: Building and maintaining a successful student program.
2. Getting to Know the STC Slack Workspace with Grant Hogarth, API SIG COI facilitator & Todd DeLuca, Board director.
Topic: An informal tour of Slack by an experienced Slack user. Learn new Slack tips and hear about STC’s plans for Slack.
3. Ten Tips for a Successful Pacesetter/CAA Application with Jamye Sagan, CAA/Pacesetter Committee member & CAC director
Topic: Learn some practical tips for completing your application and promoting your award.
4. STC Volunteers: What’s Next? with Danielle Villegas, CAC Communications Director & Alex Garcia, CAC Vice Chair.
Topic: Volunteer paths and opportunities for veteran STC volunteers. Moderated discussion.
5. The CAC: How May We Help? with Ann Marie Queeney, CAC Chair.
Topic: Help the CAC plan the 2021-2022 CAC season. Share your community wish list with us!