By Sarah Baca
Orlando Chapter STC
In July, we had our annual Leadership Day. I have had the pleasure of going the last two years, and just like those years, the event this year was exciting and energizing. I love when we all get together to share ideas.
During this meeting:
- We covered the Advisory Council topics
- Dan Voss and Bethany Bowles discussed their efforts with the mentoring program and their roles on the CAC as part of the student initiative
- As Treasurer, I gave a financial review presentation
- Our CAA co-chair, Patricia Cruz, gave a presentation about the CAA awards
- We had a pop (culture) quiz, designed by Karen Lane (Of course I failed that miserably. Jon Kessler won the most points but it was not by a landslide. We have several very smart people in our chapter)!
We reviewed the P&P Manual in small groups.
I am sure that the decisions made during the meeting will be shared with our members in other parts of this edition. Several major decisions were made, which I think will result in an even stronger, more vibrant chapter.
I look forward to kicking off the year at Washlines XVIII.
I hope to see you there.