We’ve all been there: you want to write something but have no idea what to write. In times like that, I turn to friends and writing prompts for ideas. That’s why this page is here: to give you ideas for what to write about! Please read the list of ideas- you may find one you like or that sparks a different idea for an article.
- Member spotlights – this is a chance to show off what you have done in technical communication so far and what you hope to do in the future. Too intimidating? Try writing about someone else instead!
- If You Missed Last Meeting – summarize what happened in the last meeting. This can be a couple of sentences or a couple of pages depending on how much detail you want to go into. We will also provide a link for you to include in your article to the recording of the meeting.
- Hobby Based Article – relate a hobby to technical communication. If you would like an example of how this can be done, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Profile a technical writing employer in a short article for MtM.
- Review a technical book or guide for MtM.
- Write a short review of one or more tech comm websites of interest for MtM and/or the FTC newsletter.
- Write a software review for Memo to Members and/or FTC newsletter/website.
Please contact me at email@example.com to let me know what you’re interested in writing and to submit what you’ve written!