Technical Communicators of Florida and Beyond,
Happy New Year, and welcome back to Memo to Members! This will be one of our most dramatic, high-octane years in chapter history as we continue to gear up to host the 2018 Technical Communication Summit this May.
Our first meeting of the new calendar year, fittingly, packs quite a punch. MadCap Flare know-how is a highly desired resume addition in today’s job market, and we have a program planned to deliver exactly that! Check out our synopsis below, and also click here to RSVP.
MadCap Flare Presentation
Bethany Aguad and Darci Kingry from Fiserv will be giving a presentation on Thursday, January 18 at 6:30pm at Riptide Software: Intro to MadCap Flare. MadCap Flare is a single source content management tool used to publish content across a variety of channels and devices. The presentation will start with an overview for those who are new to the tool, but will also include a question and answer section for more experienced users. MadCap has kindly sent some swag, so we will be having a small giveaway for attendees!
The presentation will cover:
- MadCap Flare Overview
- MadCap Flare User Interface Elements
- Best Practices and Tips for Improving Your Content
We will be serving chicken tenders from nearby Huey Magoo’s and drinks as refreshments. We will also be providing the opportunity for attendees to attend remotely. All attendees will also receive a copy of the slides after the presentation and link to the meeting recording.
To cover the costs for the food and remote presentation, we will be charging the following rates for this meetup:
- $6 for STC Orlando Central Florida Chapter Members (part of Society for Technical Communication membership, not membership of the Meetup group)
- $12 for all other attendees
Meet the Presenters
Both presenters work for Fiserv on Lending Solutions documentation.
- Technical Writer for Fiserv Lending
- Certified MadCap Advanced Developer for Flare
- Creates and maintains online help, release notes, user and technical guides
- Previously led technical teams in user experience, UI design, and icon design for a single Lending product
- Technical Documentation Specialist for Fiserv Lending
- A. and M.A. in English: Technical Communication
- Society for Technical Communication
- Orlando Central Florida Chapter Treasurer
- Scholarship Committee Member
Looking forward to seeing you there, this Thursday, 1/18/2018!
Editor, Memo To Members