Hello friends and members of the Orlando Central Florida Chapter STC.
Right off the bat, I would like to thank this month’s meeting sponsor, professional recruiting firm, Skybridge Resources.
Meeting Topic: Using Metrics to Estimate Documentation Projects
Presented by Paul Mueller, owner of UserAid, a firm that designs and implements innovative communication solutions. He is currently the 2013 Technical Communication Summit Conference Manager and he has served in many other Summit-related roles.
Paul believes everyone needs a reliable method for estimating documentation projects. As delivery methods change, we need to develop and customize our metrics to ensure our estimates are accurate. This session reviews common issues we face when estimating documentation projects and identifies ways to resolve these issues. During his session, he will walk thru a comprehensive, flexible estimation process and discuss several examples that demonstrate ways to customize this process.
During the session, you will learn:
- How you can use metrics and Excel to estimate documentation projects.
- What benefits this metrics-based approach provides.
- How you can customize the metrics and processes to meet your specific needs.
- What issues you should consider, such as review cycles and release coordination.
This session includes both descriptive information about estimating documentation projects and real world examples and techniques. Experience with various types of documentation deliverables will help attendees visualize potential issues and identify ways to address those issues and adapt the process for their specific needs.
Tuesday October 16, 2012
6:30 PM Networking and Refreshments
7:00 PM Program
- Students who are Orlando Chapter STC members: $5.00
- Students who are not Orlando Chapter STC members: $15.00
- Non-Students who are Orlando Chapter STC members: $15.00
- All others: $25.00
How Do I RSVP?
Like us on Facebook!
Do YOU have an article you’d like to submit for Memo to Members? Don’t be shy… email me at email@example.com. You will get an Active Member point for your submission.
Until next time,
Memo to Members
Orlando Central Florida Chapter STC