By Debra Johnson, President
Orlando Central Florida STC Chapter
(I want to give a special nod to Mike Murray, Associate Fellow, and former STC Orlando Central FL President)
If you haven’t already, you’ll soon be receiving notification from the Society for Technical Communication (STC) asking you to renew your membership online. As you complete the renewal process, you’ll be asked to select the type of membership you want. The following table displays the membership categories and associated benefits that come with each.
2015 Membership Dues
Current membership dues rates effective 15 September-28 February 2015
|Membership Category||Included in Membership||Current Dues**||Adjusted Dues
(See List of Eligible Countries)
|Gold Value Package
(available only until 31 May)
|New TC Professional
(graduated within past three years)
(contact Membership Dept. for eligibility)
Don’t forget to select chapter affiliation for $25.00
So what can you get for the price of choosing a Chapter Affiliation for $25.00?
The answer is – pretty much the world of technical communications! What value do you personally put on even one of the following benefits of chapter affiliation, let alone all of them?
- Chapter members-only access to job opportunities
- Chapter members-only access (coming soon) to chapter meeting presentations and handouts
- Demonstrations of the latest technical communications processes and tools
- Direct contact with industry experts (speakers and members)
- Hands-on exhibits, including award-winning documentation
- Instant, real-time, face-to-face network of experts in various fields willing to help with your technical communications questions
- Personal job assistance and access to potential employers
- Special training opportunities of all kinds, such as telephone seminars, weekend workshops, university presentations, and more
- “Soft” skills training, such as leadership, mentoring, public speaking, team development and management, business budgeting, long-range planning, and lots of self-confidence
Will you invest an extra $25 in your career… and in your future?
The English author C. S. Lewis once said, “The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of 60 minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he be.” Take the time now to invest in your future because the future is now! Of course, you could always spend the $25 on a movie for a meal at a restaurant for short-term pleasure. As for myself, my future is worth hundreds of times that $25. How about you?